Tuesday 27 August 2013

Roller Derby

Roller Derby  

I couldn't believe it when my two favourite digi stamp designers teamed up to have a competition together. The competition consisted of TSC and Simply Betty providing a Roller Derby image, unfortunately as it is only a week long comp I decided realistically I'd only have time for one image. I choose Bettys image because, well she was my fav :-) The condition was just to use black, hot pink and lime green in the card.

I knew in my head what I wanted to do and I think I got there eventually, although in hindsight which is a great thing I would have used black card for the base. I used my cameo quite a lot for this card including the stepper card as I wanted to add my vinyl text to some acetate.



 I used patterned paper from my scrap pile which is huge,and coloured the image with promarkers. The skull and ribbon also came from old stash and I added some black gems for continuity. 
I really hope you like it.




Its difficult to see but I deconstructed Bettys image slightly in the software to cut the helmet, knee/elbow pads and skates from the same vinyl. It took a bit of work and was very fiddly but I think it looks well. 

Miss Maggie



Shes not sure what to make of her award, she came 9th out of 22 dogs which wasn't bad for a dog who did no training. The dog that won is off to a Crufts qualifier!!

I'd like to enter the following challenges please:

http://thestampingchef.oo.gd/Gallery/index.php?/categories/flat
http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/challenge-21.html
http://cutiepiechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/challenge-51-anything-goes.html

10 comments:

  1. oh this is just Awesome.. love step cards and that skull is the perfect touch..
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Looks great, like the vinyl! TFS from BIF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could go for some socks like that! BIF hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the step card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ... impressive! This will make someone happy!
    TFS - Cara
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the skull charm and the roller derby girl. Nice use of the transparency in the card middle. Great job. Shannon BIF

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun step card! The derby girl looks cool.

    Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card challenge this week

    -Angeline DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the vinyl on the transparency, thanks for the inspirational card.

    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a great card design, thanks for entering into the Cutie Pie Challenge. Gem DT XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun step card! The roller derby girl is just way too cute! BIF

    ReplyDelete