Tuesday 1 July 2014

A new hobby

A new hobby


I've always had a desire to learn to sew and I recently found a lovely class where, after making a basic bag in the first class, we could make whatever we liked for the remaining three weeks with our teachers assistance. I choose to make a tea dress from the Great British Sewing Bee book (season one), it was a little too big for me but I learnt so many techniques.I was going to alter it but I was just so proud of my first project I decided to make it again (and I had bought far to much fabric).  The second dress is nearly finished and I'm just waiting for my new sewing machine to arrive so I can insert the zip, I'm currently using a john lewis mini pink machine which is great but now I think I'm ready for a grown up machine.

I wasn't brave enough to use Cath Kidson fabric but I did buy some buttons

I made this little brooch with some left over fabric and a vintage button and a little help from pinterest, and my cuttlebug was so quick cutting out the circles.


Here is a dress I made for one of my best friends little girls 1st birthday, the gorgeous pattern is the good deeds dress and was ideal for a learner like me.






 and a quick birthday card (well not so quick) made using my silhouette




Finally a belated 2nd birthday for Miss Maggie, she was poorly on her birthday and had to stay in the vets but we made up for a week later (she didn't seem to impressed).


Thanks for popping by

Kathy x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy - thanks for your comment on my blog! It's really nice to hear from another Northern Irish sewist. Even though I have moved I do get home quite often, which is good :). Loving what you've done so far - would love to see more pictures of your tea dress - cute polka dots! Rebekah x

    handmadebyrebekah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete